Please note: You only need to register / login if you wish to make representations.
If you haven't got an account you can register now.
If you have forgotten your password you can request a new password.
We have been Langham residents for almost seven years (we moved here in October 2009).
We are concerned by the proposed plans for Langham for the following reasons.
- We were particularly drawn to move to Langham by the sense of belonging to a small village community.
- My husband previously lived in Great Horkesley for ten years and felt that the new developments there were starting to erode Great Horkesley as a village and to make it simply part of Northern Colchester.
- We feel the disproportionate number of new houses proposed will overwhelm Langham, the infrastructure will be unable to cope and village life will be destroyed.
- There is currently very limited public transport and medical provision is stretched. We feel additional dwellings will exacerbate this.
- We are concerned that the drainage system struggles to cope with the existing number of properties. Our house is next to the Chapel Road pumping sub station and we have seen a marked rise over the last couple of years in the number of visits Anglia Water have to make to carry out maintenance and emergency work following heavy rainfall.
- We are distressed at the prospect of Langham losing its village identity and morphing into a suburb of Colchester.
We thank you for your kind consideration of our concerns.