Please note: You only need to register / login if you wish to make representations.
If you haven't got an account you can register now.
If you have forgotten your password you can request a new password.
My wife and I are Langham residents and we strongly object to the CBC Preferred Options for Langham for the following reasons:
1. The road infrastructure in Langham cannot support the extra traffic the extra 115 properties in School Road would generate. School Road itself is already overused, especially by heavy lorries.
2. School Road is under extreme traffic pressure especially during school times. The proposed two new estates are close to the school and also the commercial units in School Road.
3. A combination of the existing traffic flow, extra traffic at peak times such as school times, the flow of heavy vehicles to the commercial units, and the increased volume of traffic caused by the extra properties would lead to an increased risk of a serious accident, especially in School Road.
4. There is very limited public transport access in Langham.
5. There is no village surgery or healthcare facility in Langham.
6. The village facilities are not sufficient to support the increase in population.
7. The local rural character of Langham would be destroyed, and we believe that such an increase in the number of dwellings would destroy our rural village community.
We therefore believe that the building of two estates with 115 properties in School Road is entirely inappropriate, and very much hope you will reconsider and significantly reduce the number of proposed new dwellings in the plan.