Please note: You only need to register / login if you wish to make representations.
If you haven't got an account you can register now.
If you have forgotten your password you can request a new password.
We are writing to object to the proposed housing development of 350 houses to be built on Mersea Island. These are our reasons:
1. It would increase the demand on both the primary school and the medical facilities. These are already oversubscribed.
2. Provision for off road parking is already inadequate.
3. Public transport for those without their own transport is also inadequate.
4. As you will be aware, Mersea Island attracts a great number of visitors, many of them from Colchester, who relax as they enjoy sailing, swimming, crabbing and so on. These assets will be lost of the Island becomes too overcrowded.
5. Also, especially today with news of a new nuclear power station at Bradwell, we are all aware of the difficulties of evacuating this island should the need arise. There s but one road out and that is not always usable.