Please note: You only need to register / login if you wish to make representations.
If you haven't got an account you can register now.
If you have forgotten your password you can request a new password.
I wish to inform you of the many difficulties that would ensure if 350 houses are built on Mersea Island.
1. Limited access to the island at peak times also in case of emergency of any type including a nuclear accident at Bradwell.
2. Sewage - the present system is many years old and could not cope with such a large increase in numbers.
3.The doctor's surgery is inadequate now and there is a long wait for physiotherapy. Last weel there were no nurses available so we had to go to Colchester to get a blood test.
4. The school is completely full and needs more playing fields.
5. There is little work on he island so most people have to go to Colchester or London.
6. We have no police force on the island.
7. We have only one bank and that is only open 4 days a week.
8. The village is very congested and parking is inadequate now. Worse in summer.
9. The dentist is overworked and would have difficultly with more patients.
I hope the planners will consider these point and refuse to allow 350 houses to be built here.