Please note: You only need to register / login if you wish to make representations.
If you haven't got an account you can register now.
If you have forgotten your password you can request a new password.
I have been delayed and just missed the 5pm deadline for registering a complaint.
I am writing to ask you to include my comments. The reason why I think you should is that as you delayed my planning application for my house for two years, changing planning officers five times, making me change the plans over and over again, and costing me thousands of pounds in unnecessary rent while waiting for my modest plan to be approved!! I had no option but to suffer your tardiness, so to be fair you should include my comments, I am only an hour late, it took you two years....
(Also one of the reasons I had to change my plans was the size of my very small roof, which I had to change to an even smaller one - only to find a few months later that you had approved an enormous roof at a neighbours house that looks like a gigantic grey coffin, and totally towers over and extends beyond the length of all the other dwellings - another good decision???!!!)
So here are my comments:
1. MERSEA IS FULL
2. The doctors cannot cope with the numbers they already have and are turning people away who have been with the surgery since birth if they move to the outskirts. Why should newcomers to the Island get preferential treatment against long term residents?
3. 350 houses - 700 plus extra patients at the doctors
3. 350 houses = 700 plus cars on roads that are already continually full of potholes.
4. There is no parking
5. Restaurants are full in the summer months now, we residents have to book a year in advance to secure a place
6. The school is FULL
7. You need to improve the existing amenities in Mersea before considering adding to the population
8. Extensions to caravan sites is not based on need just financial gain
9. With the pending proposals for Bradwell, we cannot evacuate if it is not managed properly
10. You are not creating homes for our local children to be able to afford or buy ,they should come first
11. We are so full now, that at peak times there is a queue to get onto the island from the Strood, without adding 700 plus more people
12. If there is a Lifeboat emergency the crew cannot get down Coast Road to the Lifeboat Station due to the overcrowded road
13. The same applies to other emergency services
14. You have overdeveloped Colchester and still no additional hospital - what hope to we have?
15. This is purely for financial gain not need.
MERSEA IS FULL
THE DOCTORS ARE FULL
THE SCHOOLS ARE FULL
PARKING SPACES ARE FULL
RESTAURANTS ARE FULL
MERSEA IS FULL - WE ASK FOR NEED NOT GREED.