Please note: You only need to register / login if you wish to make representations.
If you haven't got an account you can register now.
If you have forgotten your password you can request a new password.
I wish to object to the planning of 350 houses on Mersea Island. On line you advertise Colchester Dedham and Mersea Island as tourist spots. Why would you want to destroy a place of historical interest and beach and boating areas. 1) You will destroy our tourism wer aare already over stuffed with cars and vehicles, Where do you think people will park businesses will suffer. 2) you close 2 car parks on Victoria Esplanade during the winter with climate change we have more and more winter visitors. The esplanade becomes a nightmare with wall to wall parking and many cases obstructing residents exit and entrance to their own properties. 3)We have one road to enter and exit the island. with global warming the tides are higher making the Strood crossing impossible more often.
4) If and when Bradwell happens where are the emergency exits for the islanders.
5)Our sewage capacity has not been updated for years, in 2008 we had almost 8,000 inhabitants. During the summer months this can reach 20,000 as you have allowed 12 months habitation camps in caravans and lodges now we have these people to add with their vehicles. These figures are 8 years old so the calculation of inhabitants is already too high.
6) The medical facilities are inadequate patients are being taken off the list. It is now a 4 weeks wait for a blood test.
7)Car parking for the surgery is basically thanks to the co-op car park. Which caters for mums taking kids to school dentist and for what it is for its shoppers, if you are luck especially summer months
8) Colchester is so lucky it can have very close seaside facilities why mess it up with the extra 1,000 or more people it will be a nightmare exiting or entering the Island we have many tail backs now, we have no way of an alternative exit.
9) too many people in close quarters creates social problems. with murders, fights and out of control teenager
10) We do not have adequate policing the absence PCO`S traffic wardens etc are you prepared to create amenities for the extra 1,000 people. and where would you put them
11) Daws Lane is one of the most used exits and entries to Mersea Resident. the town route is blocked by residents parked vehicles with site vehicles etc it will be a nightmare.
12) Also pollution with vehicles constantly in queues pumping out gases
13) Please keep Mersea as !is !improve our existing facilities roads, pavements and parking. We love our Island and we do not want it ruined