Please note: You only need to register / login if you wish to make representations.
If you haven't got an account you can register now.
If you have forgotten your password you can request a new password.
A village meeting was held on 22nd August 2016 at 7.30pm at the Abberton & Langenhoe village hall. There were over 100 residents in attendance including the parish councillors, Cllr Davidson, Cllr Bentley and Karen Syrett from Colchester Borough Council.
The following points were raised by the residents with the overall decision being to object to this proposal. As a parish council we must submit the resident's views for your review in this process.
The general consensus of the meeting was that 30 houses were not needed in the village. The concerns of the residents were:
* Ecological issues -The effect on wildlife, especially newts, adders and nightingales.
* The infrastructure of the roads, ie not being wide enough to sustain access, for example Glebe Lane as well being able to cope with the additional traffic.
* That the shop proposed for The Lion site had fallen through at present and no other facility of this kind in the village.
* The additional traffic in the village from the build of these houses along with the proposed 350 houses in Mersea causes severe concern on the number of cars and more importantly the speeding through the village which is already an ongoing issue and potential accidents.
* The School would have to offer more places which is currently over-subscribed.
* It was raised that the village is aging and no 'starter' houses are being built in the village.
* No facilities in village only the school.
* More noise pollution and fumes.